how much is too much?

My 5 month old started solids last month (doc orders) and she was getting her bottles plus a tbls of cereal and of fruit for breakfast, tbls veg for lunch and bottle and dinner was bottle, cereal, fruit and veg. well i noticed she wasnt getting as much formula throughout the day so i cut out lunch and made it just formula now she isnt sleeping through the night and wants to eat...where should i add the extra food. i made her bedtime bottle 8 oz and the formula just isnt doing the trick? should i add mor cereal or something at dinner? add lunch back in? or more at breakfast im so confused????

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 9:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's been a bit since I've done the formula deal, but I think that I remember being told that they should be getting either 36-42 ounces of formula a day? At 5 months bottles not food should be the focus but I totally understand what you're going through. My Dr. actually had me start feeding my second son at 2 months but then he decided he liked food better than nursing lol. It was hard to balance, my best suggestion is just to play with a schedule until you find something that works. What we ended up doing was starting off nursing then when he was done I would let him eat as much he needed and he seemed happy.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would but lunch back. We do the breakfast 2 teaspoons cer./ fruit and the vegs and then lunch we made 2 teaspoons with veggie and fruit. Then dinner I did same as breakfast. She would have 6 oz bottle around 10 am then aound 4 pm and then one before bed around 7:30 then she still wakes up around 2 for a bottle. Mine has been on this rountine since she was 5/6 mnths now she is 8 months
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 6:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2008