Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

I think I am depressed..

All I want to do during the day is sleep. I feel like almost every night I either cry or want to cry. I have 2 very beautiful children, just all the stress from everything going on is really weighing down on me. Should I talk to a Dr? How do I go about asking them what to do? I am confused..please help.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

Answers (9)
  • It wouldn't hurt to set up an appointment with a Dr. Just tell him/her how you have been feeling, tell them how long you have been feeling this way and go from there. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better!!

    There have been studies that show vitamin D helps with depression, so open your blinds in they day when there is sunlight go outside if its nice and that might have some relief at least for a few minutes = )

    Answer by My2boys0523 at 3:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • It's pretty easy actually. Schedule an appointment with your regular Dr. and let them know that you feel like you may be suffering from depression. They will probably ask you a series of questions about your diet, sleep habits, mental state, stress levels and might even ask you about what's going on in your life. I have had depression on and off since I was 8 years old so I know the routine ;). Depending on how severe your case is, they may or may not put you on medication. Hopefully whatever they prescribe will help you out. If you don't want medication, look into seeing a counselor to talk about whatever is happening in your life that may be affecting your chemical balance...Keep your chin up and take action on this! It's easy to procrastinate when you're depressed but you have kids to think about. Good luck, much love and hope you feel better!

    Answer by ShainaMay at 3:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • I think you should ask out right make an appointment for a physical and talk to your doctor tell him how you feel and what you should do. Also try getting out for fifteen minutes a day and walking maybe keep a journal . Anything can help after you talk to your doctor he or she can suggest other things for you. (((HUGS)))) hope your situation gets better.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • I would make an appointmant. felt the same way 4 years ago, have been on meds ever since, not sure they are totally working

    Answer by deputy844swife at 4:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • I was the same way for 2 years. I wouldnt even leave my bedroom and Id ask people for help and beg for help but really,there was nothing anyone could do. When I went to a dr., they'd either say I was fine or the next would try to give me pills. I personally didnt want to depend on pills and I researched long term facts of meds and I decided against them. What I do was hard the first week getting in the hang of things, but then it came easy. Join a gym, get a job...even if its part time, try joining PTA or any Mothers groups, go running every morning or join fitness or aerobics classes, join groups for others with depression or ask your dr. to give you tips on overcoming depression and not just controlling it...if that makes sense. I'd also try church if you are at all spiritual or thinking about your goals as a kid. Did you always want to do a certain hobby? Well,try it now perhaps. What helped me honestly was friends.

    Answer by ArmyWifexoxo at 4:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • Seek help. I did. I still feel sad but hide it so well. I feel barely functioning sometimes. I see my therapist today.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • talk to your regular and tell him exactly what you have said here and see what he wants to do. He may suggest medicine or going to a therapist. I understand about all the stress because I am the same way and I went and talked to my doctor and it helped some just to get things off my chest. He also suggested getting out and taking a walk even if it just a quick one around the block. Good luck and if you want to talk just PM. God Bless

    Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • Please go see your Dr. Many times depression is temporary but sometimes it's chronic. I was diagnosed after my 2nd son when I finally talked to a Dr. I've been on meds since 2003. Tried twice to get off of meds but my depression comes back. Maybe you just need to talk to someone or you could need an antidepressant temporarily.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

  • yes i was the same way, you need to talk to the dr and maybe get on some meds. gook luck

    Answer by ashes27165 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Money & Work)
How can i start working as a SAHM?