Why go anonymous?

i for one am darn proud of who i am, what i stand for and what i have to say. no matter who disagrees. if i would be too embarrassed about it, i wouldn't post it. i am not a troll and i am not afraid to ask q's about anything "embarrassing" or controversial, or to get into a healthy debate as me. so why are some people hiding?

i_am_tish

Asked by i_am_tish at 4:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in About CafeMom

• People get stalkers on here, some people have family members on here that they don't want knowing all their personal business, some questions are embarrassing...there are alot of reasons people go anon
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i don't want crazy "ladies" on my page or angry parents accusing me of child abuse every time i log on because I will swat my kid's butts when they misbehave... if it doesn't leave a mark it isn't child abuse here and I would never hurt my kids.. a swat to the butt is for attention grabbing only seeing as how they have developed their fathers selective hearing.

Anyway, I don't want to deal with the drama of something i posted in all honesty weeks or month later because people just won't give up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't understand why you would call out an anon unless they are posting just to be nasty. Let them have their private moment.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You weren't there zoe, she was being vindictive and holier than thou, I'm a nice person, not a stalker, but don't belittle me and my feelings and hide behind anon.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• in the case of a nasty person, out them all! If you have to hide because you want to be nasty I think CM should be able to pull the anon from your answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have to agree with Anonymous on this one. When it comes to touchy subjects or keeping out of a family fued but need to vent; I too would go unknown. I guess that is why I have so many social networks with one with family, one with friends i know personaly and one with randome people i will never meet. I also have about 6 or 7 different e-mails as well.
    I had to restart my CM page due to ex inlaws..... It like the comercial it makes sence if you don't think about it. Except this makes more sence if you do look at it from another point of view. it is realy hard to type in the dark so; sorry for the typos.
    A522R

Answer by A522R at 4:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Does it really matter? Do you really know members with a SN showing?
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• yeah i pretty much asked the same ? except it was for even if it was a non important ? i got quite few answers if you would like to red some more i posted it in cafe mom also and other then what they said i have no ideal i dont do it
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 4:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Apparently I'm a stalker, lol Anons are easier to identify than they think. I call someone out and I'm gross and a stalker. Really?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I can see why someone would want to go anon for some things, like not wanting their family on the site to see personal stuff they don't want to share with them.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011