Do you think it is hard to make genuine friends nowadays?

Yes or no? Why or why not? I enjoy having friends and am not really a social butterfly. I do not have an easy time making friends. I think this is due to my shyness and maybe I appear unapproachable. I don't know.. lol anyway. What's your thoughts?

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 4:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• i think it depends. Like with any relationship friendship takes work and time. I have a couple different groups of friends that I love to hang out with and one thing I have learned about being an adult and having friendships is "just because we don't talk every day or hand out all the time doesn't mean we aren't great friends." With kids and husbands, work and family sometimes it is hard to just get together all the time. Although I know if I call any one of my friends and say "hey you want to get together soon." we can work something out. So for me I have great friends and although we don't see each other every day we are still great friends because to me friendship is more than just hanging together.

This past summer my DD ended up in a coma and without my friends I would never have gotten through. They were there for me day and night.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think that once you get older it becomes harder to make new friends...for me it's because in real life I'm pretty anti-social, I'm not a phone person and I'm a SAHM...so...I don't get out much, I don't do well in groups so that kind of rules out mommy groups...and like I said I don't like talking on the phone...all the things that help build a friendship I'm just not good at lol...which is why all my friends are through the internet lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yes and no...I am a WAHM and thru my business I have been honored to meet some extrodinary women!!!
    Because of the way this business was created it has helped me earn $$ and make great friends!!!
    Interested??? message me!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I like to meet new people but as for making friends up and out of the blue not so much. Now a days you realy have to be aware of your suroundings because you never know who truly can be trusted or not. I am more of a keep to myself kinda gall but I do give to a stranger in need and have a conversation with someone in a cash out line. So I guess it realy depends on how you look at it....
    A522R

Answer by A522R at 5:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think it's hard to find true friends, but the fair weather friends are a dime a dozen......I used to be a very social person, and within the past 6 or 7 years I have turned into a homebody.... I think that a lot of people just don't have the time or want to be true friends, they want someone to be there for them, but when they are needed they don't have time....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I agree that as we get older it can be a little more difficutl to make new friends. But it's not impossible to make new friends especially through social networks such as FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networks. I'm a SAHM and that's how I keep in touch with my old friends and make new ones because it's just easier that way.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011