What is all the hoopla over the royal wedding?

I mean it's just a wedding. The only difference between a normal persons happy wedding is the Kate and her man to be is famous.
People have awesome weddings everday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• ...what wedding??
    and to that i would add, the only reason she is 'famous' is because of who she's marrying. no one had ever heard of her before the engagement, am i right?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Oh wow, is someone from the Royal family getting married? LOL kidding, I'd have to be fresh in from mars not to know about it. Honestly, I wish they'd hurry up and get divorced already...this wedding stuff is just dragging on and on and on.
    and yes, people do have amazing weddings all the time, each bride is a princess for the day and every groom a prince.

It's ridiculous how this is even considered big news.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 6:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I love watching weddings.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I agree!!!

Answer by older at 8:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I totally agree with you! My sister watched it and I was making fun of her for making such a big deal about it. lol. She said "its a royal wedding!! and you probablly wont see another one in your lifetime" and Im like so...lmao
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It is tradition and sort of like a fairy tale. I love weddings. They are a lovely couple. BUT I didn't get up at 4 AM to watch. :-) I just saw about two minutes of it on the TodayShow and that was just fine. I love her dress!!!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I love weddings too. There are a billion shows about weddings, obviously people watch them or there wouldn't be so many. It doen't seem like such a stretch that 2 billion people would be interested in this one.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• LOVE that cartoon Sweets! ;-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It is something positive in the middle of the crap that is going on. It is romantic and gives a break from the turmoil. Plus, the Brits really know how to put on pomp and ceremony. It really doesn't hurt anyone or anything.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011