Women proposing???

Lately Ive been seeing and hearing about women proposing to their SO???

Would you? Why or why not?

My answer: nope... Prefer traditional way, I feel it's more significant for a man to do it than a womwn

Floridamommy26

Asked by Floridamommy26 at 6:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm not sure if I would or not, my hubby proposed to me. My sister proposed to her husband. I think that if you are in a relationship that you can do that without making your love think that you are jumping the gun then great....I know that most of the guys around me would prefer to do it, however, times are changing and if the new generation is comfortable doing that more power to them lol. I am set in my ways, and I'm an "old fashioned" wife.... so I like the more traditional way of things, but I'm not against doing it.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Wow, good question...one that will make me look at just how liberated I actually am.
    I don't think it matters who does the asking because typically when the relationship is at that point the comfort level that allows a person to ask their mate to get married should be established.
    I guess it depends on the situation too, not everyone wants the romantic proposal where the man writes "will you marry me" in croutons on her salad. For some it's more like a practical move.
    I would want to be asked I think...if I was going to get married to my SO.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 6:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I want to be asked. I would never do the proposing. Not so much from a feeling of inferiority, but from a traditional standpoint.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I asked my DH 2 years before we got married. Then 1 1/2 years later he did the proposing and we got married. So I guess you can say we proposed to each other. I don't see anything wrong with women proposing to men. Not saying I don't like the feeling of when my DH asked me to marry him. It was a lot better than when I asked him to marry me.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 7:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it at all. If a woman wants to ask, she must not think the current tradition is worth upholding.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My hubby proposed to me; therefore; I would perfer the traditional way. To each his own.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• no i want a man to propose to me i like the traditional way...i give props to women who would do it tho
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• haha my SO and i had this conversation the other day!!! he joked about how i should propose to him and i said NO WAY...and it's ironic b/c i'm very anti-gender roles, but this is the one time where i would follow tradition and want him to propose. and personally i feel that way so i never have to wonder, "hm- did he WANT to marry me, or did he just say yes and go with the flow"- probably sounds crazy lol
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• CALL ME OLD FASHIONED BUT IT IS THE MANS PLACE TO ASK
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 7:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011