If a woman or teen is raped and ends up preg. with the attakers baby would you be offended if they wanted to terminate their preg?

How would feel about abortion with a pregnate girl that wants to terminate the preg. of her attaker so she can begin to heal from the event?

I know it is a very touchy subject. I find myself asking how i would react if it was a daughter of mine.... Would i be able to love and look at this child if he looked the monster that commited the crime?... Knowing that it is not the unborn childs fault in any way...

A522R

Asked by A522R at 6:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I think that is the problem with people today....they need to mind their own business... A woman's body is her own, I don't care what others decide to do with their body... I am obviously pro choice, but I don't believe in abortions as a form of birth control (I knew a few girls in school that had more than a few)....... I think that if you are raped or molested the question shouldn't even arise to whether it's okay that you abort...the argument that the baby didn't do it, I've heard that before, and you know what, my thought is why make a woman carry for 10 months, go through being sick, and maybe some other pregnancy problems, and suffer with a memory of a man who took something that wasn't his to take, and every day you look in the mirror you have to be doubly conscious of what happened, as if the memory of the violation done to you isn't enough.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It doesn't offend me for a woman to get an abortion for any reason, let alone something as violent as rape.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• why would something so personal done by another offend me? would it worry me to 'offend' them by keeping it (shoe on my foot, kinda thing)? abortion is personal, something only one (sometimes, two) person can decide. its not offensive..i would never want to be in that situation, deciding to abort or not, as i do believe its murder. however, i can not keep anyone from doing so.
    would i agree with her for her decision (in this situation)? idk..a lot of hoops to jump through since its not right in my lap at the moment.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I do not believe in abortion when someone goes out has sex and gets pregnant but for this situation i would say ok because i can only imagine how hard that would be, but then again she can always give the baby away but that would be really hard to have to go through the pregnancy as well. but i am not one to bash others for thier choice either. I would totally understand why the abortion was done, and nobody can really say what they would do if they were in that situation unless they are in it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would stand by my DD no matter what her decision is. If she wants to get an abortion I will be there for her and if she decides to keep the baby I will be there for her. It is not the babies fault how is was made therefor if she decided to keep it I would love it just like any other child. If it was myself I would talk to my DH and we would make the decision together. I don't think it is every easy to make that decision and everyone does what is best for them. So if a woman choose to have an abortion I would be okay with that, just like I would be okay if she choose to keep the baby. I think that is what is keep with choice. You are excepting of whatever the person chooses.

So I guess the answer is no I wouldn't be offended if the person had an abortion.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I've been there. I was raped. I was scared to death I would end up pregnant. For 2 weeks I was a nervous wreck waiting for my period. I had decided during that time if I was pregnant that I would abort. I had the full support of my boyfriend (now husband) if I wanted to keep the baby. We had talked about it. He was willing to let me put him down as the father and he would raise the child as his own. In the end though, I couldn't do it. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. So I decided to abort if I ended up pregnant. Thankfully I didn't end up pregnant. So obviously I would not judge a woman for doing what I would have.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• This is a huge debate between me and my hubby! He said that if I were raped and ended up pregnant he would exect me to abort! He is the most loving man, and said e would love me and stand by me o matter what happened t me, bt he couldnt watch an abomination growing inside me :( As a Catholic, I dont know that I could forgive myself for aborting, I would prefer to adopt th child out from the day I push not even looking at the child. BUT I am not in that position, and the odds are I would follow DH's wishes! IDK
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't be offended if a happily married woman had an abortion because they didn't have enough money to care for the child, so no I wouldn't in this case either. The only time I'm anti-abortion is if the person us careless and gets pregnant a lot and ises abortion as a form of bc.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think you can't fix a rape with murder but it will give you the opportunity to heal.I can't imagine carrying a baby until term knowing that i had been raped and I dont expect others to.I believe in abortion for this matter but have always said it is the mothers,fathers and/or families choice.How am I to judge someone cause they aborted a child they didnt love because of something to happen to them????
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 7:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't believe in abortion for any reason. I was in this situatation 9 years ago. I was raped by my father and got pregnant at the age of 18. I kept my baby because I could not think of abortion. It was hard but I never ever regretted having my baby. I love my little girl and she is the world to me. She may not have been planned or wanted ( at the time) but she is loved and a huge blessing.
    full_house

Answer by full_house at 8:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011