37 weeks constant bh contractions

ive been having constant (5 mins apart) braxton hicks contractions for a week now. they dont go away no matter what i do. and make sleep broken and pretty bad usually... i hear most people get some type of "break" for a few hrs, but mine just wont let up! i was dilated to a 2 5 days ago and was 70% effaced. ive also lost my mucous plug and been having loose bowels for days and had diareah today pretty bad. no show yet though. is this all normal? im being induced this week so jw if id get a break before then or if it sounds like labor might be near?

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've had six kids and I'd say you're in early stage labor. Congratulations. Won't be long now!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i hope your right! id love to be able to go into labor on my own!! but idk how much more of this i can take!
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 7:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Is this your first? A lot of ladies have a very long first labor, but once things get going - and I'm sure that won't be long for you now - it'll move faster and faster. Maybe tonight? My fourth baby was overdue and I was to be induced, and I went into labor on the way to the hospital and delivered naturally. :) *hugs* and *baby dust*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• girl... My dd was Monday and still NOTHING !!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It's actually not called BH or even "False Labor" anymore, they call it Prodomal Labor(meaning early labor).

What is happening is that your body is in the very earliest stages of labor and is helping your body do what it has to do to get you to the end.

CONGRATULATIONS because by the actual time you really do get to the closer end of labor, you will already be well past where others start and your labor should be faster and easier on you.

So, I want you to relax and try to tell yourself that everything you are feeling is one step closer to baby. Your contractions are terribly horrible and you are still doing great. At the same point you are, most women run in and ask for epidurals and freak out in the hospital and end up with c-sections. You may be complete and crowning a baby at the end and get to brag about your super fast med free birth. :)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• that should say "Aren't" terribly horrible.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• sounds like early labor to me too...Congrats and good luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i'm going through the same thing I PRAY IT'S NEAR! lol contractions and loose stool are starting to drive me mad! GL Hope it's anytime for you now :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't think you'll need to be induced :D

Congrats!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I hope you are not like me, I have 3 to 5 min contractions forever!!! It never seems like I will ever give birth. Chances are you are in early labor YAY, you have a bloody show I never get.

Good Luck!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011