Why are little kid's smiles and voices the very cutest when they have done something wrong ?

I have a 1 1/2 year old granddaughter and she is outrageous ! But when she smiles, gives me the puppy dog eyes and says with a teeny tiny voice hi...gramma, I've already lost the battle. My mind says be gentle but firm and my heart melts and all I can do is surrender and smile back and give her a hug.

twilanelson

Asked by twilanelson at 7:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's God's way of protecting naughty children! LOL. So true, though. ♥
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I know my SSs(6) is the same way. People look at him and say ohh he is so charming and sweet looking. My reply "Looks can be deceiving" lol he is very charming and can pull the whole "don't be mad at me I am cute" thing off really well.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 7:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think it's an adaptation to make sure our children survive to adulthood. My daughter still tries to pull that on me and she'll be sixteen in two weeks.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• LOL! Survival mechanism. ;)

After watching Shrek movies a few too many times, my oldest tries to give me the "Puss in Boots" eyes and pout. Ugh.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I agree with the Survival mechanism idea.

I've found myself saying "you're lucky you're so darn cute!" many times lol.
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 11:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• my daughter does the same thing but doesnt get away with it, her step granny tried to teacher her to bat her eyes when she does something wrong, but ill sit her down or make her face me and ask " where you suppose to do ....." or " was that nice to .....?" shell look up and smile, and bat her eyes, and ill ask again, firm but not harsh and shell answer or say sorry. when she goes back to doing something right{playing nicely or away from the trouble} ill comment how pretty she is when she plays nicely and does like a good girl. and her smile is sooo much bigger then :)
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2011