I have breast pain and possible a little lump

Okay, I am the first to admit I never do breast exams. I am 27 years old. For the past week my breasts have gone from tender to being in quite a bit of pain. (I am not pregnant, I took a test & I have the mirena). I have started a new med, but 2.5 days ago, klonopi at .5mg. Anyway, last night I checked my breasts, and now I don't know what to do. There is no large lump, but I feel 2 little lumps. However they are on both breasts and in about the same spot on each side. Now I don't think that they have always been there, but like I said, I've never done an exam, never. So, I don't know what to do. DH says to go to the doctors, and I think he's right, but I hate the idea of showing up there when it could be very normal. oh, and since i have the mirena, i hardly ever have a period. within the last 3 months i had it, just barely spotting, almost to be completely ignored, i'm not sure when it was but it was within the last 3 months, and it is not always at the same time of the month, so i'm not sure if it is supposed to have anything to do with that.

sleepymamaof3

Asked by sleepymamaof3 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

• To have a peace of mind, go on ahead to the doctors and let them see what the lumps are. The longer you wait the more you're going to worry and think the worst.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would go to the doctor ASAP and have them check it out it could be nothing but better to be safe.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You need to go to the doc for ANY changes in your breasts, chances are it's nothing and probably swollen lymph nodes, BUT you need to be checked
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Definitely get in to the doctor immediately! Any changes in your breasts needs to be checked out to be on the safe side
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2011