Would you believe him or suspect lying?

my husband has had a drug problem lately. its not too serious, he just constantly is buying that "legal weed" and it costs $10 per container. they are really small too so he buys 2 and spends $20. we do not have the money for that stuff, and i keep telling him that and everytime he says its the "last time". well i was tired of hearing it the "last time" he brought some home, because i told him if he buys it NOT to come home. he came home high and didn't leave that way. i was livid. i reemed into him like a freight train. i do not want this shit around my kids and we could totally be spending that money on something better. anyway he promised to stop, that this was it. he ran out of it yesterday. well yesterday we went to walmart and brought with us a $100 bill. our change was $66.40. he left early this morning to buy cigarettes and left the receipt and change on the counter. there was $51 on the counter. when he got home, he said he only took a $5. i asked him where is the other $10 then? he goes and looks in his pockets saying "maybe i left it in there" and when nothing shows up he says "the lady must have short changed me" i was in another aisle when he was at checkout so i cant confirm whether or not she did. but my gut is telling me that is BS and he swiped another $10 to buy a container of spice. in which case, all trust will be broken and i will be done. i dont want to be drastic though, but its eating away at me and im having a hard time believing him since ive heard "this is the last time" so many times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I was just coming back to post because I did re-read! Sorry about that. But I think my answer still stands - you need to decide if this is a relationship-breaker or not. If it isn't then you have to learn how to live with it. If it is, you need to tell him and give him a chance to either change or accept. Be very clear about what your criteria are - you won't be "taking his word for it", but will be watching his actions, too. Once it's out in the open, you stick to your guns.

It's a crappy position to be in - I'm really sorry he's putting you through it. And congrats on being an ex-smoker!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• call the store check reciept for cashier and find out if her cash drawer balanced or was over the amount you suspect is missing then you will know
    koolchick325

Answer by koolchick325 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I am so sorry.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• dr.donna im not talking about cigarettes here. please read my post. i myself am an ex-smoker
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• it is a deal breaker for me, because its causing nothing but betrayal, deception and financial woes already. i dont want or need a husband who is high 24/7. my kids deserve a sober father.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sounds like it's time for you to call a lawyer, then. ****hugs****
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• yeah, not the same thing.

I too would NOT want my children around drugs of any sort. Oh, and the fact that he is lying to you. I believe that is what you are most upset about.
    I would be pissed too. Here's a bump for someone who might have advice for you. GL
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• oh yea, and I really don't think the cashier "shorted him". I think he kept it and used it for his "habit".
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• itsjustme1017 i think so too. its insulting that he views me as that stupid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Spice is quickly becoming illegal in many area's. The military can't use it. The FDA is looking at classifying it as a Schedule 1 narcatoic. Just FYI
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011