how do i get my sis to help around the house?

she is 19, she moved out then back in a couple months ago. the first two months she was getting back on her feet cause she got dumped then got a job, but she wont cook or clean or pay for anything whatsoever. she sure as hell eats though. i told her to pay for a bill or buy her own food and she said, the bill is not on m y name so is not my responsability,as for the food i wont eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• tell her shes got to go if she doesn't start pulling her weight. Even though shes your sis your letting her take advantage of you and thats not fair to yourself. She need to learn a lesson of responsibility now if she's 19 and doesn't want to help her own sis out. But thats just my opinion. GL!
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Time for some tough love. Pack her stuff up tell her hey you are grown, taking care of you isn't in your job description and if she wants to be a leach go find somone else you have enough trying to take care of yourself and you don't care to be her maid. She will either see how serious you are and straighten up or she will leave either way you will be glad you did it. Don't enable someone to drain you! Family or not!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 10:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• She sounds pretty spoiled and ungrateful! You need to get firm with her about some chores and getting a part-time job to chip in on the bills. Then put a big red circle on the calendar that indicates her move-out date if she doesn't keep her end of this deal.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I had to deal with this recently. Without being angry or harsh about it, I printed up a list of rules (or chores if you want) and taped it to the fridge and said, "Look, I need some help so here's what I need from you while you are here." I got a lot of dirty looks but I just reminded my brother-in-law every day that these are the rules and that I'm not in a position to help him without him helping me. It actually worked out for 2 months and my nagging actually got him to give up and move on to another family member! Good Luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 11:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008