WWUDO

mil taking life insurance out on her own son, my husband, but she has been really sneaky about it which is stupid...she will be paying the premium. She is having insurance agent meet him at her house , all this behind my back she plays games like a child!

Since I am his wife and I now do not trust her I think I will show up for this meeting Why would my DH have to sign papers if she is buying the policy?

koolchick325

Asked by koolchick325 at 7:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• why would you buy life insurance on your adult son. Sounds like she's going to try to do away with him.
    All kidding aside, just seems weird to me. Then again, I watch too many suspense/murder mystery shows.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yeah this is odd... I'd bet she'll be the one on there to get money if he dies... that's really messed up. I'd tell your hubby to not sign that!
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Obviously you are not on this life insurance policy, sorry no life insurance for you. Her son has to be there to sign it if she is opening a policy for him. Maybe she does not want you as the beneficiary....maybe she wants to put one of his brothers or sisters as the beneficiary...or someone else. I would definitely go...you're his wife & life partner....you get to know whats going on.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It sounds like she's trying to make sure that if your husband dies you won't get any money or access to any of his property, she's being sneaky because she's doing the wrong things she wants to make surew that she gets everything if something happens to him you should talk to your husband and let him know how you feel
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Your husband should insist on you being there or not go at all.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thank you all I will make sure i am --there she says she is doing it for my benefit to help I will be sure to ask who the beneficiary is if something does happen
    koolchick325

Comment by koolchick325 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Depending on the laws of your state you may have a right to a part of the money should they die.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011