Do you think that the next election will be the most racist election yet?

Tavis Smiley does:

"I said over a year ago that this was going to be, this presidential race, Lawrence, was going to be the ugliest, the nastiest, the most divisive, and the most racist in the history of this Republic," PBS host Tavis Smiley said on MSNBC.

I don't know how he see's it that way, unless that's the strategy once again to make race the center of the debate.  I am beginning to wonder if using the "R" word is the first defense, or the only defense.  I have seen it creeping back up here recently and in most cases without cause.   Will calling those that don't like the choices that Obama has made racists make it so? 

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 8:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's likely to be the election with the most accusations of racism. Don't like Obama's policies? Clearly you're a racist.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Oh, i think that is SO OVER USED. "racist". Seriously, get over it! If you call me white and I am in a room full of Mexicans and "African American's" I am sure not going to pull the race card. You are what you are.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you vote against PBO, you are a racist. It is that simple. His supporters can't conceive that there might be any actual reasons that people don't want him as president.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Please really? They're already setting it up. This will be the route that's taken if he doesn't get re-elected.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Lol, Sweet. You're so quick to pull the racist card I think you could win some sort of cowboy award.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sweets just doing her normal deflection routine.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• No, there will be at least 1 other black in the primaries. I'm sure the left (especially the media) will try and make it out to be a racist thing though. Conservatives will be racist all while they are calling any black conservative running against Obama an uncle tom and bashing him to the hilt. LOL I wonder if they really think they can make that stick without looking like the racists they are.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Truly not everything that happens is race related honestly.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• "Racist" is the new cry "Wolf"
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think many on the left NEED to think that everything is based on racism as it gives them purpose. Without a victim, they don't know what to do.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 12:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011