Zumba

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me a little about Zumba. I am a member at the YMCA and until yesterday was a mother of 8 and a full time student. I am still a mother of 8 but school finished and now I have "free time" and would love to lose some weight. The Y has some fitness classes and one of them is Zumba. I don't know much about it but would like to get information about what your opinion is of the workout. It sounds like fun but ....I can't dance. LOL Let me know what you guys think or if you have ever tried it.

full_house

Asked by full_house at 8:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• is really fun, youtube it and you can see some videos. I felt like an idiot the first time, but it was a fun idiocy haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have not tried it but I would like to but my friend just started doing it and she loves it.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• ZUMBA is basically a configured dance that they teach you. It is all about the cardio. Your heart will raise and if you like to dance the challenge will be oh so fun! We have about 3 dvd's of zumba! A friend of mine brought over a new dvd for me to try out, it's a strip tease dance apparently!! Gosh will it be fun!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i havent done zumba but a fitness dance video very similar to it....I could not do it, i mean just trying was a good cardio workout, im glad i did it in my house cuz i was embarrassed at how uncoordinated i was....But at least try it and see if you can do it, or you could see if you have a place u could rent a video and try at home first to see if you could do it
    lnanln2006

Answer by lnanln2006 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• If you love to dance even if it's in front of your bedroom mirror then zumba is for you. Zumba music is basically a blend of all types of spanish music (merengue, reggaeton, salsa, hip hop) mixed with aerobics that gets you sweaty. It's very fun and addictive.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 4:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011