My heart breaks.....

For a total stranger, a young lady here, that at 17, was going through contractions alone and posted a question on how to make contractions better. I answered and we clicked, and I spend the next 3 days, chatting with her through it all, helping her cope. Finally the baby gets here and the next day, on her birthday no less (17) she finds out her baby has a rare disorder and three wholes in her heart and she might not make it. My family thinks I am crazy for allowing this to upset me or make me sad, my question is, am I crazy or would you feel the same way?

Asked by older at 9:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No, you can't help the fact that you are a compassionate, selfless human being. We need more people like you, with your capacity to care for others.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i think you have a wonderful heart. it makes me sad and i dont even know her.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• you rockYou are an angel and POO on anyone downplaying your role and feelings surrounding this whole VERY tragic issue.  God bless you and YOU ARE NOT WRONG ON ANY LEVEL FOR FEELING....once again POO on ANYONE who says different. 

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Nothing wrong with feeling compassion and holding someones hand when they have no one.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't think it is crazy at all I would feel the same way. You formed a connection to this girl you have a kind and caring heart... so I can def. see why you would be concerned and feel so sad about her baby. I hope and pray all works out for her and the baby!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You are not crazy. You are a compassionate woman. I would definitely feel the same. Continue to be her friend and keep the lines of communication open. She will need all the support she can get.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• THANK u so much for caring about me like u did!!!!! i was going through a hard time and u helped me during the time i really needed someone! not only the contractions and labor but also dealing with my sister passing.. u have down what a saint would have done! no stranger has ever cared about me that much like u have! thanks again!
    terripocket56

Answer by terripocket56 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Heartbreaking absolutely.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My husband tells me it is crazy to feel pain for someone I don't know, but I can't help it, just as yesterday I was so elated when she was finally born, today I am a mess.

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You bet I would! I tell my Dh about some things on here and I want to help, and he thinks I'm goofy, but oh well for him :) I hope it works out for her, I really do.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2011