How can nothing come from nothing?

I came across this blog post yesterday, and I thought it really tied in with the discussion some were having about what Atheists tend to believe in regards to the beginning of the Universe. People who say we believe nothing came from nothing, clearly have no understanding of what science says happened. So I share with you all,

The History of Pretty Much Everything

After reading this, can you still say you think Atheists believe nothing came from nothing? 

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Yep, I can.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• clearly have no understanding of what science says happened.

-----------------------------

You mean, clearly have NO understanding. At all?

I laugh when I hear that reference, the simple minded ignorance is quite amusing. If the did understand, they wouldn't be able to shake their precious holy book in face of society with a false sense of security and surety, proclaim that they have ALL of the answers
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yep, I can.

-------------------

OMG! She's in my brain!!! OMG! She knows what I'm thinking, what I believe!!! Get her out!!!! Get her OOUUUT!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I "think" Atheists feel it all came from something-its just that that something they do not believe is from anything God like-

I believe God to be the force behind it all- but I get that an Atheist does not-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Wow... you can really tell I haven't had my coffee yet. man. The Pytos.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That was a very interesting blog, OP.

Where, though, were the diagrams showing a bearded man in a white flowing robe, floating around in space and waving his hands, saying things like, "Let there be protons!"? 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That was awesome!  I will watch Carl Sagan's video later.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• As simple as that explanation was I think it was still to complex for some minds to grasp.......thus they will not believe it and continue to remain ignorant.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• There isn't a such thing as "Nothing came from Nothing" .. Even if it were true the science theory wouldn't be any different then the god theory. He supposedly built the earth from .. what? He built man from what? He built animals from what? NOTHING .. So to argue that science is unfounded because you can't build something from nothing is saying that god is unfounded.

Science proves how the earth was created, how the animals, humans, and all were created. There is scientific proof in DNA, molocules, atoms, etc. How can you not believe in science and evolution when there is PROOF. There isn't any proof of god, of jesus, of any of that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Where do atheist think all of this scientific stuff came from? Just wondering
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 10:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2011