Customers that Airlines Hate the Most

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112553/when-customer-is-wrong-airlines-mainstreet?mod=family-travel

Did anyone else this article featured on Yahoo this morning? I think the title is infuriating, especially when we are forced to pay ridiculous fares and are treated like cattle. What is happening to customer service?

I happen to agree with the talking on cell phones while dealing with airline personnel, but that also goes for any situation that calls for not being on your cell phone. I don't know, what do you think. Is the headline inflammatory to you?

fireeyes81

Asked by fireeyes81 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• At this rate, put an Air Marshall + 1 attendant on each flight, and call it a day. Buy a bottle of water after screening, pack your own food and call it a day. They can not even help put a suitcase in the overhead- WCI, I'm sure. IDK, seems like a great deal of expense for a remote, scant chance of a safety issue arising. Really I can find my own seat, put on my own seat belt, pour my own drink and provide my own meal.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• no--they are right. When I travel, I find the customer service is excellent. I have not been 'man-handled' or mistreated in any way. I just returned from Las Vegas and had a nice xeperience on both flights. And I am very pleasant,upbeat and I smile---that usually guarantees that they will appreciate you and treat you well. People nowdays are too often whiny and belligerant---I see that attitude here at CM all the time!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• How about a rebuttal Airline Employees customers hate the most?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I also travel frequently with toddlers and now a newborn. I have never been mistreated, but then again I get me and my kids in our seats, we play with toys or read, and we don't bother anybody and don't make unreasonable requests. People make rediculous requests a lot of time, its a damn airplane people, what do you want! My children are better behaved than some people on a flight. Yes they have fussed a little b/c their ears hurt, so I agree with OP on people getting annoyed with kids. And I have NEVER been on a flight w/o a child also on the flight, if I don't want to hear it, I bring my noise cancelling head phones.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't find it offensive at all. I honestly think the general public these days has this "everyone owes me something" attitude that stinks. I myself couldn't handle working in a customer service industry because of the general public's attitude. I admire anyone that can do it gracefully. As a frequent flyer who has made plenty of trips with and without my child, I can honestly say that I have never been treated badly by anyone in the airline industry. But hey, maybe I'm just lucky.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Just because you pay to be a customer, doesn't mean that you're entitled to have bad manners. And that is what I got out of that article. Lots of people feel like just because they're paying, it means that they can be rude, demanding, and downright mean. I think that this article is pointing that out. I don't feel like it's bashing the customers in any way. I think that the airline workers should have a right to speak their minds about things that bother them too. Now, I do agree with you that not wiping down the tray tables is just icky.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think airlines have some nerve. Crazy prices, less and less room and service provided, and surly flight attendants, and then THEY complain that the customers are not meekly putting up with being robbed and treated like garbage?

Don't like your job as a flight attendant? Easy solution - get a different job.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't really think it's the airlines making these complaints it's just the customer service representatives. I am a server and there are certain things that drive me crazy. Dealing with people is difficult and sometimes we have to vent. 

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• We also fly a lot!!! and the times we have been miss treated has been when we have used buddy passes.

Buddy passes are discount tickets you get when you work at a airlines.

The funny thing is the people who work in the airlines and are being rude to us, all get the same discount and they are the one looking down on us. I was told "those are the paying customers" move to the side.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think everything in that article is accurate and applies to other situations as well. I work in a retail environment and would love to educate customers about specific behaviors we find discourteous to us and other patrons. We vent about these things after the customers leave, but I don't have the guts to say those things to someone's face. The old adage is "the customer is always right" the the reality is that the customer is usually wrong and rude.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2011