Missing my Father

I lost my father last year, my dad got remarried 2 years ago call me selfish but I did not want him to marry her she was with my father for almost 20 years before they got married he was married to my mother for at least 36 years before they divorced and that was because my mom was retiring and was advised to divorce him for monetary reasons, but anywho I have always loved my dads wife until they got married I actually resented the fact he married her and I told my dad so, we were very close and I had no problem telling my dad that. I asked him why did he married her he never once said because he loved her he said because he was with her so long. But to make a long story short the reason we can not have a relationship is because of her youngest daughter I wrote my dad's obituary because they new nothing about him she did not even know who my father biological father was. I was seriously not trying to take anything from her being his wife but I named my mother in the obituary because my sister and I are his ONLY biological children I did not mention their marriage I just put my mom's name in parentheses after my sisters name. Her daughter told me it was disrespectful to name my mother, but she told me she could not go in the obituary as a stepdaughter she and her sisters had the right to be put in their as his daughters so I did that. Now I find out she is having another baby and I am so afraid if it a boy she is going to give him my dads name and I refuse to accept that because me sister does not have any children and I think she should have the right to be the one to name her baby after my dad. I have not spoken with his wife because I know our conversation will not be nice because I know me and my attitude. You know how people put all their business on FB so her children are saying quotes like I miss my dad and my children miss their gf I understand they loved him and helped to raise them but a lot of things they post is a slap in the face. If she gives her child my dads name she will be deleted off my page because at that point I will really feel disrespected. My dad's family will not accept her as a part of the family I have tried to tell my aunt's and uncles they were wrong but in my dad's family they will not accept a second wife or husband in the family they will accept the children but not the spouse so since her daughters are not my dads they will never accepted as well and believe it or not at my age I am glad......and to top things off my dad was cremated and she did not even offer my sister and I any ashes she said now she get to keep her honey all to her self. I am wrong to feel the way I do? Thanks for letting me vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• No, stay clear of those nuts
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 9:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I recently went through a similar funeral for my grandfather. My dad (the eldest bio son) wrote the obituary and put together the funeral. He listed both wives but only biological children. Now we don't talk to them anymore. I feel your pain. I think you should just cut contact with all of them if there are no other ties that bind. If you call any of them friend than keep your feelings to yourself for the sake of the friendship.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2011