Second Chance? adult content

My ex is asking for a second chance, he is coming out of a relationship with the woman he left me for... It's been a few years, I moved on, well, I am seeing some one, well it is more like we hang out and that's it, I have made it clear that there will be no intimacy until it's been at least a year and there is serious commitment.

I do care for my ex, he is the father of my children after all. He really wants a second chance but I am weary, I don't want to get hurt again.

Should I give him a second chance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• NO NO NO NO..have some dignity mom if not for you for your kids!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Only you can make that decision but I would say HELL NO!!!

Why is he coming back?? Did she kick him to the curb??
    What happens if they make up, will he leave you for her, again or for another woman?

Give the person your seeing your full attention, not your ex.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Do what is right for YOU!! We can give you advice but we are not living in your shoes, so only YOU can make that choice. I don't even know exactly what I would do unless it was happening to me. Good Luck and I hope in the end when You make your decision you are happy with it!
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• tsk tskNO

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I say yes, but instead of no sex for a year, I would make it no sex until we are married. That's the way you will really know if he is serious about a forever relationship, which I believe includes the willingness to commit for a lifetime together. What do you have to lose? I believe that people really do sometimes learn from their mistakes and should be given a second chance. I say that you should go for the opportunity at having a really beautiful chance at true happiness. Just let him know up front that you will be making the rules of engagement, so to speak!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• He may feel that he only wants to be with you only because she left him, or he just don't want to be alone and he knows he can come back to you anytime, cause he left you. I would give it some time
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If it were me I would say "Sorry pal you had your chance and you blew it. I have moved on with my life". He is an "ex" for a reason and I would not be able to trust him not to cheat again.
    BUT as I said that is what I would do. Now you need to do what YOU feel is best for you! I would suggest you sit down and really think about the whole situation, and if you think he has changed, and if you think it could work out this time. Whatever you decide I wish you all the best and hope everything works out!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• it look like you have kinda already decide ..but it has to be your decision hun..and like the other moms have said can you believe he will not do this again...don't be just the rebound girl( the girl he is comfortable with and he rather "settle" and just be with you because he does not have anywhere else to go)...what type of example are you sending to your kids ..let people walk all over you and be able to say i am sorry and give them the chance to hurt you again....(sorry if that came off kinda harsh) but if you do take it very slooooooow. i wish the very best and good luck!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would feel like his "second choice". As in "well, the one I wanted left me, so I might as well try to work it out with you". To me, I would feel like he made his choice when he decided that the other woman was worth cheating on you with, and furthermore, was worth leaving you and the family you made together over.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Could you ever truly and completely trust him again? Can you fully forgive him for leaving you for another woman? You will never forget that betrayal but some women can forgive. I do know that we all can change and if that change is sincere then a second chance would be nice. I personally wouldn't do it, but you have to answer the above questions to decide. Good Luck.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2011