How do you kindly tell someone you dont want vistors while your in labor

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 9:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just explain that you would rather everyone wait until the baby arrives and if they insist on being there that they can wait in the waiting room.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• tell them straight up - i dont want anyone here !
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You mean you don't want all those interruptions and nonsense chatter and to feel like you have to amuse other people while you're in labor?? What kind of hostess are you? LOL
    Just say, I appreciate the support, but I'd rather keep it just DH and me (or whomever you choose) until after I've delivered. Invite them to come and see you once you've had the baby, and assure people you'll let them know as soon as Baby has made his/her arrival, but I think you're being perfectly reasonable not wanting people to come see you in labor. Unfortunately, many people don't have any sense in this regard, and just assume it's okay to hang out with a laboring mama. Be gentle but firm- don't leave any room for uncertainty, and get DH/birth coach on board to be the bad guy if needed, while you're in labor (in case they still show up). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think that you should let everyone in on this part of your 'birth plan' NOW who may want to be there when you're in labor. Also ask them where they will be so you can call them with the news that you've delivered...and are ready for visitors.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Tell them its a intimate time and you don't want visitors.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think you tell them straight no sugar coating its your birth so rightfully you decide how its going to be let them know I'm not tryna be rude but I just want my hubby in the room while I give birth and nobody else we wanna experience this alone they have no choice but to accept it
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Tell everyone ahead of time that you do not want any visitors while you are in the delivery room, and if anyone shows up they will be asked to leave You should also tell your doctor and the hospital that you do not want visitors and they will keep people out of the room for you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• A good way to word it with out letting them think there's room for negotiation is "I WILL be taking visitors after the baby is born." you can proceed that however you want, say you want to focus without distraction and you don't want to offend people by having one person there, but not another, so you WILL have no visitors during the labor.

Basically, WILL is a strong, firm word, better than soft words like "think," or "rather."
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Tell them you 'may' allow visitors early on but once things pick up you feel it would be best if you wre allowed to rest and spend that time with your DH however once the baby is born and you and DH have had some time or once you are home and settled you want everyone to come and visit for a few min and meet the new baby.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You don't, my nurses were the bad guys for me :) But trust me it will come easy when you're laying there in pain, you just tell them and you don't care how it comes out lol and they will just have understand.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011