Would you??

If your mother suggested that you should have two baby showers because she didnt like your bf's mother would you schedule another baby shower just to accmodate her??What are some effective ways of them getting along just for a 3 hour baby shower?I only want one baby shower or none at all!!!

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 9:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Explain to your mom that its your day and can she bury the hatchet for three hours, baby showers are not cheap neither are babies so why spend extra money on a second shower when you're going to need every penny for your little one I would tell her honestly just avoid her for the few hours and that's it she don't have to talk to her
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had two, one with family and one with friends.. One proper and one a bit more fun.. If they can't or wont get along don't force it, it will be a mess and all you will remember is them bickering
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You mom isnt there for her! she is there for you! if she can't be a grown up for 3 hours then she shouldnt be there at all. you shouldnt have to have 2 baby showers because of her, maybe not let them sit near each other.. good luck
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You can't get along for them- that's on them. Make your feelings clear about wanting only one shower. If she can't respect that, don't invite her. Just that simple. If she wants to act like a child, treat her like one.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 10:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Tell your mother to pull on her big girl panties, plaster on a smile, and do this for YOU. She doesn't have to like the guests, but this isn't about her either way. She can be civil to his mother and limit her interaction with her. If she can't do that then she's being incredibly selfish and doesn't need to go to the shower at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• tell your mother life isnt always perfect and to suck it up for your sake for 3hours and if she doesnt want to talk to MIL dont......i have an eazy solutions for avoid people at family gatherings i dont want to talk to ......move away from them if aproached works well for me.....i have major drama with a member of my family but i suck it up at family functions and just avoid her as much as possible or be extra polite when i have to speak to her.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i do not want that.... i just will not have one
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Guess what....it's about YOU AND YOUR BABY, not the grandmother's ...... I don't mean to be so gruff, but your mother needs to grow up.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That is the way I fee.I just wanted some backup that i wasnot thinking wrong:-)
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You're the mom- that makes you the boss. And baby showers are (hello!) all about YOU.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 10:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011