She's crying 65% of the day

My (almost) 2mo old daughter is having really bad gas and she wont stop crying, shes been using the same formula (similac advance) and same bottles (ventaire advanced) and she hasnt had any problems til now. I am using Mylicon drops but they dont seem to be helping much. She pulls her legs up to her stomach and starts crying- theres no soothing her! Im calling her pediatrician in the morning but for now what in the world do I do?

_mommy2b08_

Asked by _mommy2b08_ at 9:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to have the doc change her formula she needs isomil my son sis that and he was lactos intollerent however it is spelled the gas drops dont help i know nothing you can do til the formula is changed good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Stop using Mylicon first of all, it has been recalled. She may be colic, and call your pedi now instead of the morning to just be on the safe side.
    Anonymous

• sorry i meant did instead of sis lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• shes probaly colic...you cant really do anything but try to keep her enviroment as relaxed as possible!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Mylicon has been recalled?
    Its 10 pm, I can't call her pediatrician right now- I'm just going to get an on-call nurse tell me to call and make an app. in the morning
    _mommy2b08_

Answer by _mommy2b08_ at 10:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I used to lay my daughter across my tummy-- tummy to tummy-- and rub her back. It seemed to help some. I feel for you! Nothing else in the world feels as helpless as having a crying infant you can't seem to help.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i agree mishelly728 its heartbreaking when you do everything you can and nothing helps
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• put a towel on top of the dryer, let it run a little until the towel is warm, and then lay her on it. Laying her on her belly works the fastest, but the back works also. Good luck.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 10:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• the orginal stuff was not in the recall. see the article. Last i hard there were no injuries reported.
    http://www.mylicon.com/page.jhtml?id=mylicon/press_release.inc
    Anonymous

• Oh good, I dont have the ones that were recalled -I didnt know that- ty for that info.
    Its almost time for her next feeding and I'm dreading it horribly
    _mommy2b08_

Answer by _mommy2b08_ at 10:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008