Cheap and Easy Brunch Menu

Hello, I have a small child and I am SAHM and funds are tight, so I need ideas for a cheap and easy brunch menu. I am not a great cook, so the easiest the better. Any help would be great!

thanks very much:

lamping

Asked by lamping at 10:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• quiche - easier than it sounds

finger sanwiches- use standard cheap bread nad cookie cutters to make cute designs or cut into triangles.

veggie / fresh fruit tray- cut it up your self to save money.  Seasonal fruit and carrots, celery and cherry tomtates.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would make either a baked omelette, breakfast casserole, or baked eggs (I love Paula Deen's recipe, and you don't have to use expensive cheese!) then some fresh fruit to go with it, and muffins. Hashbrown casserole is cheap, filling and everyone loves it, and great for brunch as well as dinner. Oven french toast is affordable and nice for a brunch.

Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• you know what! I have a great recipe somewhere for over night french toast casserole! Give me a min!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Here it is. I do mine minus the bananas and with just cinn. not pie spice.  Agin it is easier than it sounds.  Once you start you will see. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1826,157164-247193,00.html

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Pigs in a blanket Baked
    Mac and Cheese (Allows for leftovers)
    Grilled Ham and Cheese (or Just grilled cheese)
    Cheese Quesadilla Chili (Homemade is cheaper and allows for leftovers)
    Fritatta
    French Toast
    Turkey Sandwiches
    Chicken and Gravy over rice
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/lunch-ideas/main.aspx  - There is also an option for just kid's lunch menus as well. 

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't know how many you're feeding, so if this is too much, cut it in half & use an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. This is for a 9x13 pan. Grease it well, and pour about half a bag of hashbrowns in it (shredded or chunked, about 1 lb.). This part is optional - not doing it would cut down on price big time - but cook some breakfast sauasage (bulk, cut up links, cut up patties, whatever you prefer) or some bacon (half a pound would be plenty), drain and sprinkle evenly over the hashbrowns. In a bowl, whisk a dozen eggs with about 1/2 cup of milk, salt & pepper to taste, and any other herbs you like. Another optional part: chop onions, bell peppers, spinach, fresh herbs, and mix into eggs. Pour egg mixture over hashbrowns evenly. Cover pan with foil, and bake at 350 til eggs are set. Remove foil, sprinkle with some cheese (colby, jack, cheddar, any mix, whatever you like) and return to oven til melted. Serve with muffins & fresh fruit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011