What would you of said?

Not too long ago a friend of ours was gonna let us use their big tv. well when we moved we still had stuff in the place, now read this, i come back for another load one day and she said that when her dh moved the tv he noticed dog pee all underneath it. im not saying my dogs are perfect cause their not, but i always discouraged them to go around it, and when i was home they were always beside me (inside dogs) but my tv was sitting right by theres wouldnt it of had dog pee under it too, what we think happened is they got it home left it in a spot over night and their dogs peed on it. it just bugs me cause of what she said, and we never smelled it! theyve lied on my dogs before well her kids have which is another story, would that bother you? our friendship of corse hasnt been the same since then or since our move which i hate cause we had a really good one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I would let it go.. all of it. if she wants to blame everything on you and your dogs maybe its time to give her some space and see there are real problems out there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i would have said "oh my goodness, I'm so sorry...my dogs are always so good, I had no idea."
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thanks ladies, i appreciate it. i have pretty much let it go, and have given her space, but man why are people like that? i did say im sorry i even offered to replace it somehow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Unless you were with your dogs every second of every minute of every hour of every day, you can't know where they did or didn't lift a leg. Was she mad? Irritated? Demand repayment? Write you off as a friend? If not, then why are you obsessing?
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 10:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If they're insistant on blaming you without even considering it could've been their dogs then they're not that great of friends.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• she was irritated but didnt demand a payment that was the weird part to me. im not obsessing over it, it just bothers me sometimes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Ya know it is so easy to lay the blame on someone else when that person really don't know what happen. They just no that the other person was in possession of the TV. Whether or not your dogs done it she knew when she loaned the tv there could be consequences. But if she was a real friend she wouldn't have said anything and thanked you for returning the tv.
    1melmel1

Answer by 1melmel1 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• A real friendship is where one would've said "hey I think your dogs peed" and the other would've said "those damn dogs! i'm sorry!" and then it would be over with. I wouldn't want my real friends to feel like they couldn't say something as simple as this to me.

But that's just my opinion.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 10:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You are doing the best thing by just letting it go. You've got more important things on your mind and more important things to do. Lesson Learned.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thanks ladiies and meooma your right it is a lessoned learned and i do have more imporatant things to worry about.:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011