To be inked or not be inked!

Just curious what some opinions were abou tattoos. My husband and I made a deal that if we reach a particular goal-I'd get a tattoo around my ankle. First, does anyone know how bad that will hurt!?!?! I've heard it hurts like H%$&!!! I have a fairly good threshhold for pain...and it's not like it's going to takes hours! Second, what are your opinions of them in general. Third, any reccomendations?? I'm excited! I can't wait to meet our goal...

My personal opinion is that some of them are sexy...you just have to do it right! : )

shortynme

Asked by shortynme at 10:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'm inked and plan to get more after baby is born I want my back and my stomach done, both legs right now I have both arms, left shoulder and left breast tatted, I treated my sister to one on her foot I love ankle and foot tats but when you get your foot done it usually swells up so I did not want a swollen foot its not sexy lol but ankle is a good spot as far as pain it all depends on the person I got all my tats done in one day even though it hurt there was something orgasmic for me about the pain it hurt but it was a good hurt
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I like them. I have 6. It's all about what is right for you. I made sure I have mine in places that I can cover if I need to.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i am inked and plan to get more inked here soon- dh is also inked and is getting more ink too-
    there is a thing as too much ink-but if done right it can be tasteful.
    right now dh has a cross on his right upper arm.
    and i have a 12 inch long tattoo down my spine. its 3 roses grading from barly open to half way open and then fully bloomed at the bottom. i plan on adding my 3 kids names around each of the flowers. there is also vines and swirlys coming off the flower and leaves etc.etc. tattoo took 3 hrs to complete and is in color.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have 4 tattoos and would love to get more. I don't have one around my ankle so I'm not sure how much it hurts but the pain wasn't too bad for any of mine. The one that hurt the most for me was my upper arm.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have five. My ankle one hurt less than the others (four on my back).
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I like them when they are tasteful for me. I admire them on others. I love to see GOOD artwork on people. As for the ankle hurting... a little in places but for the most part it is just annoying feeling. The ribs are the WORST place by far.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Hubby has a lot of them, I don't have any. He doesn't want me to have any, and frankly I don't want old wrinkled tattoos when I'm old. I think it looks bad when they're all faded on a woman.
    I think if you want one, then go for it. Get one that you can hide if you want to, or show it if you want to... My Hubby made a good point, if he's doing something that requires looking professional he can cover them up with clothing... So to him it's all about where you have them on your body..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'm getting my second tat either tonight or tomarrow... have one on the back of my neck.. Idk where to put the new one though...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have two ankle tattoos (not all the way around though.) They stung in places, but it wasn't severely painful. I just say get something you love that has personal significance to you so you don't regret it later.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have seen the ones my sister has and they are nice, but now she is wrinkled and 44. It doesn't look cool anymore. I have one and I am going to get it removed starting next year. I am 33 and it does not look cool or sexy anymore.
    My personal opinion is I am tired of my tattoo and wonder what it feels like to have a plain, clean and mark free body.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 10:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011