Is being a hypocrite okay?

This question is for people who believe in the bible. PLEASE NO BASHING NO NAME CALLING. If you belong and feel strong about your religion, nothing should not make since right? Everything should coincide with everything else right. You should know what you believe and why right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• What does having a strong belief and knowing what you believe have to do with being a hypocrite? Being a hypocrite is speaking one thing and living or doing another.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm sorry, but this question makes no sense to me.
    Anonymous

• Every person falls short of the glory of God. No one is perfect and as a Christian I do not pretend to be so, I know what I believe and I believe it FULLY, I know the KJV Bible is Gods perfect Word for the english speaking people and I know every day every knee with bow to the Lord. and I do my best to bring glory to God but will always fall short and will mess up and will appear as a hypocrite for knowing better yet still messing up.
    trusting_in_HIM

Answer by trusting_in_HIM at 10:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am very strong in my faith, however tons of stuff do not make sense to me about it, and I am ok with that. I do not expect to be as smart as Christ, and so do not expect to understand everything, how they coincide, the reasons behind certain actions and such that God makes. I have total faith in my Lord God and know that he loves me and that he has a plan for all of us. I know that he is a good God, and is true to his word, that he never makes a mistake, and that everything is somehow part of his plan even if/when I do not understand or see the connection.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 10:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I’m asking because as a Christian I believe one thing. I found other Christians on this site who just do as they do…..just because. They seem to not care if they lie or whatever. Fine whatever that’s on them. I just don’t know if a hypocrite was okay to be or if I was the only one who thought you should do what you say and believe. I’m just curios how other people think. I’m not starting drama just want to know why people can be hypocritical and not see that as a problem. To me I strive not to be that way. I’m imperfect I sometimes change my mind if convinced otherwise. But when you say I believe something so strongly and just don’t do that. It’s just odd to me.
    Anonymous

• I think we are all hypocrits to a certain extent. We all lie even if it is a little white lie. We don't want to hurt people that we love so we sometimes tell them partial truths (which is still a lie). None of us are flawless. I'm not crazy about some of the food that my kids have surprised me with when I come home from work. I always tell them that I love it. What I relly loved is the idea that they thought of me. Hypocrit for not telling th complete truth???? You tell me???????
    Kelli3702

Answer by Kelli3702 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• those who are hypocrites are imperfect just like you cause i'm sure you believe one thing about being christian and your beliefs but there are things you struggle with. maybe smoking, drinking, sex before marriage, porn, lying, cheating, stealing, judgment, being lazy. we had a lesson in church about being honest and i was so sure there was something that could be acceptable as a little white lie and found one to day. my hubby and i were looking at sex positions and one looked i culd get hurt. we talked about what if i banged my head and left a mark. how would i explain that and then i said i guess this is when a little white lie wouldn't hurt cause i really don't think anyone would like to know that i had my hands and head on foot board while my husband was behind me with my feet off the ground doing me from behind. what do you think?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• if anyone asked where you got the mark..why not just tell them you hit your head ? most people would understand if you added ''...on the headboard'', and those who didn't, probably wouldn't care if you just dropped it, rather than explain your sexual position.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• if the book is a lie, it makes sense that its people would lie, be hypocrates however, i believe that faith goes up and down and that it is the true believers t hat waver between it but keep striving to get it right. however believing in the bible , they will never get it right because they worship the created instead of the creator. or they take the created as being the creator without evidence without reflecting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• really..you really asked is it ok to be a hyprocrite. i knew befor ei even opened the damn message what this was about.

some ppl really need to focus on themself and their faults and stop trying to say everyone else is a bad christian or bad this or w/e
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008