Homeschooling my Preschooler. Help please?

I want to homeschool my 4 year old starting this fall. Has anyone done this? What was your approach and how did you do it? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/699
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Check out a homeschooling group on here and rent books about hs from your library to help you get started
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I was homeschooled and plan on homeschooling my son when he's old enough.

At his age I would just try to make it as fun as you can.

And remember patience is more than just a virtue, it's absolutely necessary if you're going to spend all day with your child trying to teach them!
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 11:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I homeschooled both of my kids for preschool. We used a kit from Brighter Vision called Learning Adventures. Each month we got a new package in the mail with a hardback story book , a workbook, a cassette tape (this was ten years ago, they might be CDs now) and some other fun things that varied from month to month. Each month had a theme like Dinosaurs, Fairy Tales, ect. I loved these and saved the tapes and used them when I taught preschool. I tried to find the company online, but I couldn't so I'm not sure if they are still around. I'll post some of my favorite websites too for preschool ideas.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• There are many homeschool curriculum programs. You can look into those or ask your local public school about resources they recommend.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 6:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Im homeschooling my 4 yr old son right now and I keep things fun and simple and trust me they learn much better that way atleast the earlier yrs. Right now were just doing a letter and # of the week and we turn it n2 a arts and craft by the end of the week. He traces them both and I also hve him go to starfall.com to practice whatever letter hes on. Thats pretty much all were doing right now just taking one step at a time. Nxt yr will pick up the pace a little but I always keep in mind that hes 4 and ther only young once so I let him be a kid. Best of luck and good for you for deciding to be more involved with your child :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:20 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Thank you so much ladies! Your input has been so helpful and encouraging. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:32 PM on May. 2, 2011