What would you think if your husband was accused of cheating with...

his best friends girlfriend? My husband, before we married, had a friend J. J and my husband and J's gf would hang out and drink a lot. Without me since I was home being a good mom to our son.
Anyways, the friendship abruptly ended one evening and my husband said it was because J had accused him of messing around with the gf.
I took it at face value and believed him - without a doubt. But what do you think?

MORE INFO:

He was drinking with the friend AND girlfriend. Not the woman alone. And yes, my husband (prior to us getting married) did go out a lot and drink with this one particular guy.
The guy would get drunk, a lot, and I guess his drinking eventually caused a problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I would believe him unless he gave me a reason not to.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I totally believe him - just curious to other's thoughts.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Unless you have reason to believe otherwise, Id take your hubby's word.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• IMO.. I'd wonder why (the husband) would be drinking with his best friends girlfriend? I would of figured he'd be spending more time w/ his best friend..

I know I'd be curious if my husband were to be out drinkin with another woman. But that's me..
    mackenna_tayven

Answer by mackenna_tayven at 11:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Honestly, I would really wonder. Why would he, being married with a child, be out drinking with another woman? Maybe you should talk to your husband's friend and see what he has to say. I don't want you to doubt your husband, I dont know him, all I know is what you said. But, you should know the complete truth no matter which it is.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you arent worried about why ask? Sounds like you may be thinking he did cheat or else you wouldnt even be thinking about it now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• He didn't feel more interested in being home being a good dad and husband?

I don't mind when my DF wants to go out and drink after work or stick around and socialize, but when it comes to leaving me home by myself while he is out with other he usually either wants me to come along or passes it by. I know that with my DF I'd be questioning that a bit. But you know your husband better than any of us. So maybe that was just him being him.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• 60 % of men have had an affair at some point in their marriages.. and sorry to say no i would not believe hubby straight up like that. SOMETHING happened that triggered the friend to get angry.. be it they just kissed or they had sex but something happened. may it have been hubbies fault? no, she could have kissed him and he pushed her away.. but situations like this dont create out of no where.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would definitely believe my DH over someone else. I trust mine implicitly. Unless, of course, he has given you reasons NOT to believe him, I would forget about the whole mess.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would believe my husband. I think a lot of people see their SO as property and that's what causes a lot the the jealousy issues.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2011