DD spitting up

She's 3 1/2 mo and has always spit up, the pedi insists it's not reflux. It's not a huge amount, but she does it when she burps. She is BF. We burp her a lot thinking that would help, but its not. She doesn't seem to be in pain when she spits up, in fact she smiles most the time lol she just makes a funny face like when you puke in your mouth, of course it probably taste gross...sorry that prob was gross lol. She never spits up at night if and when she wakes up to eat. Pedi also said not to lay her down right away, we tried that and no change. I almost think its when we sit her up to burp it squishes her belly and that what makes her spit up. Maybe it's my diet, is there anything I should not be eating? Any thoughts? thank you!

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 10:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is like that. Just a happy go-lucky spitter. As long as its not projectile vomit, and he is having the normal amount of wet diapers, its fine. In fact, my son likes to (graphic-gross) chew on the chunks..bleeeggghh. lol Or rub it on mommy -.-
    Sounds like a healthy baby though
    Cherrycatt

Answer by Cherrycatt at 5:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Some babies are just spitters. I had 2 boys with severe reflux but their sister, who is in the middle, was what they call a happy spitter. She would spit up what looked like half her meal, giggle and play in the puddle.

You could do an elimination diet and see if anything changes. But it sounds like you have a happy, normal baby, who happens to spit. And yes, positioning, like crunching her tummy can cause her to spit more.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I agree fully with balagan imma.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Spitting up is normal. If it's only just after a feeding, it shouldn't be a problem. My son had reflux - he was spitting up any time, not just after a feeding, and it was a lot. It went away though.
    My doctor told me you should only really worry if it's projectile and is a different color - like green or yellow - otherwise it's normal.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Babies do that, it's normal. My daughter had reflux and trust me, there is NO mistaking the pain they are in.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My kids were like that. They always smelled pukey. They out grew it eventually. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thanks mommas, I feel better about it already :) I just felt bad for her, even though she doesn't seem to care lol This website has helped more than our doctor has!
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thank you mommas!!!!!
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 7:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2011