How to teach a boy to pee standing up without a male figure??

I'm potty training my two in a half year old son and he'll sit on the potty but he never pee's in it. And I really have absolutely guys in my life to show him how to do it standing up.

Any ideas lady's??

PaCsSupermom

Asked by PaCsSupermom at 11:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not sure- I had mine sit to pee since he absoulutely could not aim anyway...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had mine sit to learn. And only when he was completely potty learned did I tell him that boys pee standing up and he was ready to learn how. So, I stood him up and told him to hold it and aim it in. Easy peasy. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• How do you get them to pee when their sitting down?? We've been trying for two weeks now and he'll sit on the potty for a hour and nothing come's out!!!! It's like he's holding it for his pull-up..........
    PaCsSupermom

Comment by PaCsSupermom (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• He may just not be ready.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Here, read this blog I wrote on potty learning and boys. http://themominformed.blogspot.com/2011/04/potty-learning-mom-informed-style.html

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My mom put a cherrio in the toilet and told my brother to try and hit it. So she turned it into a game as well as teaching him.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I opened my fly and used a squirt gun not cool but it helped them pee standing up.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• They sell "targets" for this purpose at the store, but I always found cheerios work just as well.

Answer by missanc at 11:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• The pee ing sitting down - you just have to "catch" him once or twice doing it and praise him really well. Let him run around with no diaper for a couple days, when you see him start to pee, run and set him on the potty. Offering a "treat" worked well with my kids - 2 m&ms for pee, 5 m &ms for bm's once they understand the concept but then you have to phase that out at some point.

Answer by missanc at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I haven't tried real targets yet but as for the cheerio idea I tried is and it didn't work out so well......... lets just say my kid really likes food
    PaCsSupermom

Comment by PaCsSupermom (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2011