What type of semi-perm birth control do you use or have you tried and what was the outcome/side effects

I'm scheduled to be induced next week and I need to decide on sone BC quick! I would like tubes tied but I just can;t make that commitment right now but I do NOT want to take pills and I don't know much about IUD's but I think that's the route I want to take

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 11:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

• You can talk with your doctor about that...I know I'd have to seriously struggle and try to get mine out.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• This is my second time having the mirena. I really like it because pills made me emotionally nuts, and this doesn't. It also helps my periods to be lighter and less painful. You're also instantly fertile again the moment it's pulled out.

The side effects I noticed were cramping off and on the first few months, but it seemed pretty mellow compared to having just had a baby.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 11:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have the Mirena IUC and I love it. I got it about 4 months after my dd was born. I have had little to no side effects and I havent had a cycle in about 2 years ( some women have little to no bleeding after getting it.) I love not having to worry about taking a pill every day and the no period thing is great. you can research it on www.mirena.com.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• The strings in the Mirena I read about kind of worry me, i'm not sure why maybe i am afraid i will pull them out by mistake
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2011