Are there any words you detest?

I really can not stand the word Shut Up. I think it is so disrespectful. Anyone have words that are just not allowed in their homes?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I hate the word for boobs that rhymes with "witty". It makes me squirm.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 11:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• when my kids were little I didn't like them calling people stupid..now that they are older there really aren't any words they can't say. I don't like Shut Up either although sometimes it might be the only thing that workds. As far as swearing goes my kids know the rules are pretty simple, although probably not liked by all. If we are at a concert and they are singing they are allowed to say the swears. If we are at home or out in public they are not allowed to swear. When they are hanging out with their friends, while I would like them to not swear, I am sure they do sometimes.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• the C word...C*nt and it's not an A that goes there... or almost any word in that variety.

Also I hate words that are used to make others feel bad or to put someone down- idiot, stupid, retard...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• just about the only word that chaps my hide is the word 'peepee'..when used by my dh (49yo!) in reference to his own penis. (blame it on his mother, i guess!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I hate ghetto slang.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• and cornflakegirl3- it's the same with us for the most part- but the words I mentioned for putting others down- my kids get in trouble for those.
    We have actually not had issues with them swearing in innapropriate places or in front of family - they know they can swear- but there are times when it's not ok too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• OMG my DS g'ma (my xMIL) calls his penis a pickle. WTF!!!! The first time I asked him if he wanted to eat a pickle w/me he looked at me like I don't know what. So now he calls it a penis ONLY and g'ma understand thank God!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• retard or 'tard REALLY bother me. Their use is offensive, disrespectful & ignorant.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i hate the whole thing where someone says "my bad" instead of im sorry it just bugs me kinda
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• cocksucker

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2011