How can i get myself not to care about him filtering what he says around me?

i know it should make me feel better that he says things that i want to hear rather then what hes really thinking. he only filters the things that he knows would hurt me like saying that he told his friends he thinks my new friends hott or hes never seen tight leggings before until i bought a pair to wear around him. stuff like that just irritates me that he cant be him real self. like i always know everytime he is just saying what i want to here. so do all guys do this for their girl or is it just mine because i want him to be himself. i feel like i dont really know how he really thinks. does anyone know what i mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• You should probably talk to him about it. Just tell him that you want to have an honest relationship and when you ask him something you would like him to be completly truthful. Tell him even if you do get upset it's better then not being honest.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i know i have talked to him about it but im afraid i will get too upset. im a very jealous girl and i hate hereing any girls name coming out of his mouth. i really wish i wasnt so jealous. id be happier if i could just chill out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I am my husbands best friend and vice versa. I am totally honest with him and he's totally honest with me - not to the point of being tactless, but he would never tell his friends something he wouldn't tell me.

Answer by missanc at 11:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I can so relate to what your going thru. My SO does the same thing. He speaks very seldomly at that, but when he does it's all basically "mundane" talk and nothing specific. I am still trying to cope with the fact that in general he is a very quiet man and says minimal to begin with. Its very hard, especially as I am a "talker" and had always wished for a very communcative relationship. And yet here I am again with a man who does little communicating. I love him yes and we basically have a wonderful relationship but it steams me to no end the little amount of actual comments or talk that he does.. I do consider myself a very sensitive and "needy" woman at times and he knows this. We both have pasts that made us into what we are and those insecurities still play a part. I have tried talking to him about being more talky with me etc but its still remains an issue I am trying to figure out how to deal with.
    CopingMom33

Answer by CopingMom33 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2011