15 weeks pregnant and bleeding bright red on and off for 2 weeks please help

hi i am 15 weeks pregnant 2 weeks ago i started bleeding quite a bit and went to the er they said the baby seemed ok but since i was bleeding its a threatened misscarriage. The next day i followed up with my ob and they also said the baby was ok but sent me for an ultrasound. The day after my ultrasound a nurse called and said they see no reason for my bleeding however my baby may have nasal bone abnormalities and referred me to a specialist. At one point i stopped bleeding for 4 days but it came back and is still bright red. It has been 2 weeks i have no cramps or anything am so stressed out i dont know what to do does anyone know what this could be?

sarah9687

Asked by sarah9687 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you had sex before you bleed?
    I used to bleed right after sex with my first son, so I stopped having sex.
    I wis you the best and hopefully it's nothing.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• no i haven't had sex since about a week before the bleeding started Thats why i really don' t understand i'm so confused i dont know what to do
    sarah9687

Comment by sarah9687 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have had the same thing with my current pregnancy. From the beginning to where I am now at 30 weeks. I have not got an answer. Lots of ultrasounds and being told that everything looks fine. I have been through the list of things that can cause bleeding, sex, constipation, problems with the placenta and there is just no answer. Hang in there. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and things can be just fine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thank you i really appreciate that it's good and very helpful to hear good outcomes thanks:)
    sarah9687

Comment by sarah9687 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had a Subchorionic Hemmorhage whn i was 10 wks and was bleeding a lot for a couple of wks.. Now im 18wks and the baby and i are perfectly healthy.. I kno its hard, but try and stay relaxed and not stress to much.. I will be praying for both of u and hope everything will be ok.. keep us updated.. and best wishes
    Daph2387

Answer by Daph2387 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thank you very much im glad your babys doing good
    sarah9687

Comment by sarah9687 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Could just be your cervix is super sensitive and bleeding. I had that problem from 3 weeks to 15 weeks pregnant. I bled bright red with clots at times, pretty scary stuff. My OB did a physical and said my cervix was the cause of bleeding. Apparently any little activity I did was causing me to bleed.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If the doc is saying everything looks fine and they didn't see any problem during ultrasound (besides what you mentioned) than I would stress too much about the bleeding. I wish you. The best of luck though when you go see the specialist.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Would-wouldnt*
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thank you all i feel much more relaxed knowing that it can work out well
    sarah9687

Comment by sarah9687 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011