Would it be to much stress on me if i take care of my baby, go to school and have a job?

Teen_mom3911

Asked by Teen_mom3911 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Only you can answer that question. If it helps, I did it (worked full-time including traveling several times a month), was in school on an accelerated program and was raising my kids. It wasn't easy but these things were important to me so I was willing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I do it and I love it! Everyone's stress level is different. Guessing by your name "teen mom" you may be a bit younger, not saying you are any less capable than anyone else. Being a mom period has its moments :) If you have the option of not working, don't.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had 3 kids, went to college full time and worked part time. It can be done.

Answer by missanc at 11:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• it can be done=)
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 11:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• What's your support network like? Do you have family/friends close by you can rely on for help in an emergency? Will your family/friends be supportive of your endeavors? Although you can do it all on your own, you'll need a back up plan.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It will be stressful, but it will be worth it in the end. Stay in school, save up your money, love your kid.
    Good luck
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I did it. My daughter was a teen mom and she did it. Yes it will cause stress but it depends on you and if you are the strong type that can take the stress.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• When I was a single mother, I worked a full time job outside of the house, a part time job online from home at night, and went to school more than full time. Fortunately, my school offered most of my classes online, so it was rare that I had to go to an actual campus for classes. That helped me A LOT.

I went without a LOT of sleep, I was tired, but I got to spend a lot of time home with my babies due to the flexibility of my second job and schooling. I would come home, spend time with my kids until they were in bed, and then stay up late working my second job and doing my schoolwork.

In my opinion, it is difficult and involves sacrifices, but once it is over, it is WAY worth it. I look back at it and I am PROUD of myself for making myself do it. It shows me how STRONG I am. It definitely built character, and my kids benefit from it now.
    Anonymous

• With a good support system, you can do it. It won't be easy, you will have to sacrifice a lot but it is possible.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It will only be stressfull if you make it out to be. Im the mother of three,work full time, go to school and take care of my fiance who has congestive heart failure. Keep a straight head and pray honey. It sounds like alot but when you know what you're trying to accomplish its all worth it in the end.
    bnjenn

Answer by bnjenn at 3:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011