Ultrasound showed possible nasal abnomalities?

Hi i am 15 weeks pregnant i had an ultrasound about a week ago and they called the next day to tell me my baby might have nasal bone abnormalities and referred me to a specialist for mayernal and fetal medicine that is all they would say and i really dont understand they said its just suspected my appointment is not for 6 more days i am so nervous anyone know what they could mean?

sarah9687

Asked by sarah9687 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are they talking about the nasal bridge? Possibly a marker for Down Syndrome.....
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i looked on the internet and all i could find was things about down syndrome so i called back and they said with down syndrome its absence of the nasal bone which is not whats going on in my situation i dont know what else it could be and of course they will tell me nothing but that its not down syndrome they suspect
    sarah9687

Comment by sarah9687 (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't know then... that was my only idea....
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• mine to thanks i appreciate it
    sarah9687

Comment by sarah9687 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011