Activities

How can I get my daughter who is 12yrs old to join activities at her school or off, she is 5'6 and very slim, I think she should join the basketball team like everyone tells her, but she don't want to or run track. She told me that she wants to model, I know it cost alot of money for that and I don't know where to start

ttk2

Asked by ttk2 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would start calling about for her. That way you can show her that your interested in what she wants to do and it's not just a one way street.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 9:01 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I kept encouraging my grandson to do what I thought he should do bc he's good at sports. Finally he just sat me down and said I don't like it. I don't want to do it. My love for sports was not shared by him so I stopped. Let her do what she wants to do. You never know, the money may be a great investment. She could be the next great model. Sports is expensive too so it's not like anything is cheap.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Find out what she wants to do and how she thinks she can accomplish it.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 4:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• maybe you can pick another sport. or you can let her try the modeling for a little while. you never know she might just end up not even liking it. lol. you have to let her try or you wont get her to do any thing or what you want lol.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Working, even modeling, should not cost money. Have her research how to get started, find an agent, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 AM on May. 1, 2011

• frist theres modle classes that doesn"t cost alot of $ in spire her to follow her dream don"t pressure to join basket ball or track just help her be independ modle
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:38 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Stop trying to get her to do what you want her to do, good way to push her away if you don't stop.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We were over my father's house for sunday dinner, and he was telling her and my nieces that they should get into something where there is a good chance they can get a scholarship and my daughter was saying that she wanted to model and my dad told her she can't get no scholarship in modeling, and that once she turns 30 she will not have a career, well she said that she also wants to try acting as well, so i'm going to try in see if there are summer camps to help her, I want her to follow her dreams. Thanks for all the advice
    ttk2

Comment by ttk2 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on May. 3, 2011

• keep talking to her and find something she is interested in. Not all kids like sports, some like other things.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:53 PM on May. 4, 2011

• idk...min ehave always been involved
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 8:44 AM on May. 17, 2011