Becoming pregnant on your period, fact or myth?

You know how they say you cant get pregnant on your period? Just curious if this is true or not, have any of you ladies ever gotten pregnant while on your period?

AydensMommy1109

Asked by AydensMommy1109 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have heard that this is true b/c some people can ovulate twice in their cycle. That second ovulation which occurs in during your period you can become pregnant from if you have sex.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It is possible for a female to get pregnant at any time during her menstrual cycle. Generally, when you are having your period, it means that you are not ovulating. If this is the case, then you will not get pregnant. However, females with irregular or shorter cycles can actually ovulate during their period. It is not guaranteed that you will ovulate mid-cycle. Sperm can live inside a woman's body for up to 5 days, so if you ovulate anytime within 7 days of having unprotected sex, you could become pregnant.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think it doesnt matter when, where, how...if you have sex you can get pregnant,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You do not ovulate during your period, therefore you cannot technically get pregnant during that time. HOWEVER, you could get pregnant from having sex during your period, especially if you have long periods, and towards the end when the bleeding was letting up because you could be within the window for sperm to live until ovulation, depending on when you ovulate. Women are only fertile for about one 24 hour period per cycle, but sperm can live up to 5 days depending on the conditions inside the woman's body at the time.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• true, it's how i was born and my brother... and i've talked to ALOT of women, in schooling, and they have testified being pregnant while on their period, Ovulating, on period etc..

with my 3rd son, i had my period for 3 weeks in june of 08' of course i thought "it couldn't happen to me",July 3th i went for a blood test and sure enough came back i was PG!, ultrasound confirmed i was 6 weeks pregnant. so pregnant, ovulating, getting pregnant while on your period, it's not myth...

thats just what i think ;)
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 12:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It is NOT possible to get pregnant anytime other then near the day you OVULATE. If there is no egg there is no pregnancy plain and simple. It is possible to ovulate during your period especially if you have a split uterus, but it is not common for that to happen.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• lmao you can definitely get pregnant on your period. my four month old is proof of that. when you ovulate you can procreate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011