How about Skylar Wayne?

I also posted a question about Skylar Raine... and I have heard from many people that it is too feminine.... My husband suggested Wayne for a middle name... it sounds similar but is more masculine to maybe balance out Skylar... and not be so feminine... as some people seem to think.... What do you all think?

annhart19

Asked by annhart19 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Baby Names

• i like it but im partial to wayne.. (it was my grandfathers name).. and there are few nice ways to feminize it.. (i tired when naming my daughter to make wayne feminine to no luck and ended up using his first name that he did not go by instead to feminize into marissa)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Way more masculine to me. Better IMO. BUT, you should choose what YOU like.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you want to make it LOOK more masculine, then you should spell "Skylar" the traditional way..."Schuyler."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thank you... and I would choose the name I love... but Unfortunately I have to have hubby's approval too. We both love Skylar....and I am starting to like Wayne more and more... and I don't want him to be teased when he gets older for having too feminine of a name. Thank you for you opinion.
    annhart19

Comment by annhart19 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sounds good to me.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I second LoriKeet, opt for the Schuyler spelling. And go with the name you both like/compromise on. If he does concede to Rainne, consider spelling it Reign?
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't like that spelling... I think we are just going to go with Skylar Wayne... I am beginning to fall in love with it and less with Raine... thanks for everyone's opinion
    annhart19

Comment by annhart19 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011