The school says its my son's fault he gets bullied on the bus....really?

went down to talk to the school today about the issues my kids have on the bus and the principle had the nerve to say that its my boys fault cause of where they sit on the way home. the bully has an assighned seat cause he has problems with being violent with other kids. my kids say they try to avoid him at all cost but when there is no other seat open they have no choice and my oldest sits with the bully so his 6yr special needs brother doesnt have to my 6yr old has a mild form of autism. if that student is that aggressive that all the students are scared to sit by him then he shouldnt be on the bus or school for that matter. also found out today from 2 other parents at the same school that they had problems with their kids gettin bullied in school by this same boy. and this same boy last fall stabbed a resourse/special ed teacher in the face with a pencil. that just scares me since both of my kids go to the special ed classroom to get help, who is to say this kid wont stab another student? im soo pissed and not sure what to do to make sure my kids are safe till the end of the year. come next fall im puttin my boys in the same school my 3 dd will be going to, she will be in preschool and will go to the school that is equipped to handle special needs kids. my dd is speech delayed
thoughts, opinions, advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Did you call the cops??? have them come out to your house... explain the situation.... see what they suggest, and hell... file a report for battery. and bullying. I know it sounds drastict BUT when your kids are at risk and the school/ other adults can't control the situation then he needs to be somewhere where they can evaluate him .
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• email or call the superintendent like now, this moment, they need to hire a bus aide by next week
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• if he/she doesn't take you seriously then very calmly say "I understand you're busy and the district is short of funds. I am going to contact the local media to do a human events story on the situation to help get parent volunteers involved. The driver and the school is failing on bus safety so a parent on the bus should help keep our most vulnerable students safe. Thank you for your time, have a terrific weekend!"
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If the child that is aggressive has special needs, he has every right ot be in school to. His parents, the special ed team and anyone else invovled with his care and treatment need to reevaluate his case and find out why he is so aggressive and what they can do to help him. Just like would happen if your child had those same issues. EVERY child has a right to an education.

But, I would talk to the principal and find out why this child is not on a special ed bus or why a bus aide is not sitting with him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• All the parents who have a problem with this child needs to get together and have a meeting with the superintendent, about getting that boy off the bus. Schools do not have provide transportation for students, but they do have to provide a safe environment for all students. this is a safety issue.
    daps

Answer by daps at 1:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think hibbingmom has the right idea!
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 1:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'd call the Board of Education and tell them if they don't get this violent child off the bus then I'd hire a lawyer. They are aware of the problem and are neglecting their duty which is causing harm to children.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• BRING OUT THE BLAZING GUNS.
    IF this "problem child ( is it infact the neighbor down the sreet's g'son) HIS CRAZY SELF NEEDS TO SIT UP FRONT, RIGHT BEHIND THE BUS DRIVER!!!!! for starters. for 2, they need to monitor HIM BETTER, and fully with these out outburst. * they can be sued* the school, bus barn. I would def make it appoint to force this issue and safety. So that kid has agression/ violent issues, yours have issues too but doesnt mean they have the right to bully,harrass, or harm others. Gosh I am so sorry. Kep me posted pls.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• my husband offered to volunteer to ride the bus so they would have another adult to watch the kids and the school said the that parents are not allowed to ride on the bus.

and really if my child was that violent i would have him in a special school that handles those kinds of kids or home school him. i would not put other people's children in danger by putting him in public school. would you wnt your children coming home several times aweek with bruises, sctraches, bites??? i seriously doubt it. if a "normal" student were to pull that crap on the bus they would be kicked off. bus service for the town kids is a privilege not a right, were im paying 160 every quarter for bus service i expect my kids to be safe from monsters like that. this boy lives 2 blocks from school, no reason why his parents cant walk or drive him to school. other students have been expelled for less than this kid has done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• yes i did find out that it was the friend's grandson, silly me forgot about the year book that the kids get every year. the school wouldnt give me a name and so we looked in the year book. this kid is something terrible, he killed kittens when he still lived with his mom....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011