Is it rude?

To make a wish list for my daughters 1st birthday? I wrote a not to them saying if they'd like to get or make her something, here is an idea of what she needs. Is that rude to do? It's just everyone asks what to get and this way they can check out the store or check it out online for ideas.

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 1:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you can make it "cutesy" I think it is a good idea !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• not rude at all.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If they ask, then tell them. Don't offer it on your own. It could be seen as rude.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i don't think so. that way you dont get unnecessary things. its their choice whether to buy it ir not, its not like you're forcing them. also, they asked.
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I dont think its rude. All the parents I know of little ones send a note inside the invite saying "little ___ likes trains, planes etc. And wears size "x" shoe and size "x" clothing. It saves a lotof questions when they call to rsvp.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would have appreciated knowing so no I don't think it's rude

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It is mildly tacky/cheesy.... alot of people WILL ask if you give them a bit of time.

I was once invited to a kids 1st b-day that was a book party. Books only. It was the theme, cake, etc and the only gift requested. Because it was the entire theme, though, it fit nicely on the book shaped invite and was adorable and not cheesy whatsoever.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I personally don't think its rude..but my dh's niece did that for her daughter and he said it was rude. I said..well everyone always calls and asks what to buy your kid anyway, so whats the difference..saves a phone call,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think it would be a little rude, but I've had lots of people ask what my kids like when they call to RSVP for parties - and most people now attach a gift receipt to their gift so it's not a problem to return anything that isn't needed.

Answer by missanc at 1:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i did it and i dont' really care if it was tacky or not. those were the things that he needed and i didn't want to go to the store and return a bunch of things
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 1:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011