Can anyone help me,I have gestational diabetes what can i eat to feel full?

I am cutting down on the carbs. but feel hungry after i finish my food. what can i eat to fill that hunger feeling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• peanuts or any kind of nut is a great way
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Protein - of any kind. My favorite snack when I had gestational diabetes was 1/2 peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread. Also I ate a lot of cukes and grape tomatoes with ranch dip. But protein will help you feel fuller longer.

Answer by missanc at 1:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My friend ate tons of cottage cheese, lots of cucumbers with ranch and stir fry....minus the rice.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• oatmeal, and grain cereals
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 1:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Fruit & nuts. Also Plain cereal like corn flakes or Special K & Plain non-fat yogurt & add some berries. Are you monitoring your own blood with a test kit? How are your #'s?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had it for 3 of my pregnancies. You can still eat things that fill you up, and they suggest you actually eat several small meals rather then large ones. You should be testing your blood and after every meal you will get a sense of what you can and cannot have, what places you can eat and which you cannot. For instance I was still able to go to McDonalds for breakfast and have a bagel sandwich, but I could not have breakfast anywhere else. I knew exactly how much I could eat and what I could after around 1-2 weeks.

Also go to the Library and get a cook book for Diabetics. They have tons of things in there you can cook and just substitute certain things in recipes but still get the same basic feel for the food.

Answer by gemgem at 2:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yes I am and my before breakfast is below normal then I eat my 3 carbs. amount the dietaryen set for me. then Im good but still feel hungry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011