I have a headache but dont want to iss margarita night!!! what to do!?

ive had a headache now for th epast 3 day ive been in bed for 2 of those days.tonight is me and my husbands weekly margarita night! (a new tradition we started recently) is it ok to take my excedrine and still have margarita night?!
how much time should elapse between taking the meds and the alcohol?
i wont be able to get plastered or drunk not only b/c i have kids and i dont do that but b/c of my medical condition.i can only have like 1 or 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

• margarita timeAfter one or two I believe you won't have your headache!..............Seriously though, maybe about 4 hours lapse time? 

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You should be okay to take an ibuprofen. Don't take tylenol, or any other acetaminophen med because it can be tough on your liver when used with alcohol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• There is a possibility the little bit of alcohol will either make your headache disappear OR get 10 times worse. I wish I knew what to tell you! As far as taking the medicine and drinking a glass or two I think that would be fine
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Take 1 aspirin, 1 ibuprofen & drink some caffeine. Aspirin & caffeine help to thin your blood so that it travels through your vessels easier, ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory that will help reduce anything that might be swollen in your brain.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 1:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would think if you take them now, you should be ok by tonight. Honestly a couple of margarita's and you might feel better.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'd avoid alcoholic when you are already taking meds and experiencing a headache ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Can't you still go to margarita night but not drink?
    Anonymous

• head hurting that bad and for that long why would u want to drink???? medical issue on top of that.??? U can alway miss a night of margs sounds like your just asking how to get rid of the headache just to have it back again.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011