I'm legally divorced from my husband who is a marine, and I was wondering if the child we share together is eligable for the military subsidies for child care?

buddababy426

Asked by buddababy426 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in

• If your husband is on the birth certificate or legally his father, then that makes him a military dependent. Yes I would think that makes him elgible!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 1:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think so.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• doesnt he / govt give you a check for child support???? Or is that not enough to maintain your household and help with daycare??
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It depends on the custody arrangement.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• kkbird: child support is not meant to maintain a household, it is to HELP support the child.

OP: I am sure it depends on what your custody and child support order states. Mine does NOT include child care. It only includes 50% of out of pocket medical (that he has NEVER paid) and medical insurance (which he has NEVER done).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Umm. no not childcare.... chilcare for military is only ON POST.... They only provide on post daycare and we still have to pay for it based on rank! As a DOD dependant, he qualifies for insurance, access to post ( commissar, PX, ec) and child support, Daycare isnt free for any of us even us active duty! And tyfry child support is also for bills, and rent...etc. it is supposed to over all things that the child needs includung shelter, hea, food etc.! BUT OP I dont know who told you daycare was free, but it isnt and if you live far from a post you couldnt utilize it anyay!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:56 AM on May. 4, 2011