Did your town survive the bad storms?

i live in the southern states, our town is still standing and i was wondering how many others are or how your town was affected your home itself, my town got blessed or very lucky we had a lot of flash flooding but a lot of ppl still have their homes and vehicles i pray for those that are without. but like a bunch of people have said you can replace your home and your things you cant replace your family and friends. Hope everyone is safe from the storms! :) xoxo

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• unfortunately there has been deaths here and over $60 million in damages. Our power was out for 21hours right after grocery shopping and we lost all of our food we'd just spent most of our money on. All of the destruction was just 5 miles from my home. I've also heard we may get hit again next week...so I'm freakin' a bit
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• We were very lucky the storms went around Atlanta. I can't imagine the casualties hitting a city this big. People were preparing for it, tho.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thoughts and prayers are with the one's who have been affected by the storms... ((((Hugs))))
    FloridaGurl4

Answer by FloridaGurl4 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• sleepycupcake... based on you're "humorous" response, do you find this to be funny?
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Not at all. I read the question wrong. I thought it said did YOU survive the storms. Which would have been funny, since if you didn't, you wouldn't be able to answer. However, I retracted my statement & smacked my own ass.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 1:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• We are about an hour and a half North of Atlanta, in the mountains, and the worst part of the storms hit just north of us. Our town was not affected, thankfully, but the tornado sirens went off all night that night, and we had to all sleep downstairs just in case(my DH didn't want to risk it- I love him :)). It was really scary and I can't imagine what the poor people that were IN the storms went through. My heart goes out to them.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• oh...I was like wow really? cruel lol but I understand the mix up! and thanks for whoever voted me down... ignorance
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Here in eastern TN our friends lost their home but their family is fine thankfully. Several people lost their lives and most of the neighborhood where my friend lives is devastated. It is so sad. We were at the laundromat till after midnight washing up things of theirs that had been gathered up.
    dkvhensley

Answer by dkvhensley at 1:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• man im so sorry for everybody that lost anything, exspecially food, im sure that was aggrivating, but at least your ok! :) i understand misunderstandings when reading something that happens to me sometimes. :) its ok. i also understand the freaking out part, praying that the storms dont hit again.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• im also sorry for the many deaths in your town their families are in my prayers xoxo
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011