What do you honestly think of the middle name Sheen?

My son is named Allan Sheen. To me a middle name is not too important. My husband really liked the name Sheen and so I was fine with it being our son's middle name. (It isn't after Charlie or Martin Sheen, just a name he liked). My sister and her husband think that Sheen is a terrible name and never miss an opportunity to tell us about it. We only see them several times a year and they manage to bring it up and make fun of his name every time. When our son was first born my sister told me that naming a child after a celebrity was very low class. Neither one of us care for or even like Charlie or Martin Sheen. He is almost four years old now and they still are criticizing his name. I am not offended by her or her husband and don't even listen to what they say anymore. I want to see if other people think that Sheen is a terrible middle name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I like it although I have to admit it did call up images of Charlie Sheen when I read it lol. As long as you like it, who cares what they say? NOONE has liked ANY of my son's names, especially this last little guys but I like unusual names so they can just stuff it.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It is not a name I would choose, but I've certainly heard worse! Your sister and BIL sound mean! Tell them to get over it, he's four years old! What would they have you do, legally change his name?
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I LOVE that name!!! Actually it reminds me of that little brown haired boy on Jimmy Neutron. I friggin love that name though!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• ha yeah, I was going to say it reminded me of Jimmy Neutron!
    Anonymous

• I like different names but Sheen is sorta odd. Especially when he gets in school and they start calling him afro sheen :(
    Anonymous