Potty trained

Should a child be potty trained before they start attending pre-school? Are there any exceptions?

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 1:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In Kansas they have to be potty trained to attend head start (3 and up) unless the child is special needs.
    Ryla_Joe

Answer by Ryla_Joe at 11:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Usually at 3 they expect them to be potty trained. My daughter started preschool 2 day/week, 4 hours/day at 2 and potty training was part of the day (they lined the kids up outside the bathroom as they went in one at a time and if they went Ms Kimber would do a little dance and have everyone clap - my daughter was so excited about it and trained in no time!!)

Answer by missanc at 1:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• well this completely depends on the school. they all have their own expectations and rules on the subject

if you live in Manhattan, for example, they expect your 25 month old to be fully in control of his/her bowel and bladder and wont even help them wipe.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think they need to be. But call the school and ask.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My son went to preschool that expected it at 3.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It was not 'expected' in any of the schools I looked at,as a matter of fact, they all offered to help potty train my son. But I guess they are prob all different.
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2011