Do you use swimmers when you are potty training?

The other day during my son (2.5 yo) swim class, the child next to me had an accident...he pooped in the pool. His mom said sorry, we are potty training. In my personal opinion...I would still put swimmers on even though we are potty training for that particular purpose until I know for sure that my child won't poop in the pool. Any opinions? If you don't use swimmers while potty training, how do you make sure that doesn't happen?

Ms.Maricel

Asked by Ms.Maricel at 2:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes..I would use swimmers while potty training.
    I think most public pools even have a rule that they have to wear swimmers, dont they? I know our pool does.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Swimmers until they are completely potty trained. Had to empty and redo an inground pool because of this. Don't ask why. just imagine.
    daps

Answer by daps at 2:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• uhm, why would you empty the pool? That is what chlorine is for. Shock the crap (lol) out of it and run the filter.
    Anonymous

• Amen!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I stayed home for 3 days until my kids were trained. I would not have gone out if I wasn't confident he could wait to poop in the potty. Ew. But we all make mistakes. I'm sure she was embarrassed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would still use swimmers until they were fully potty trained, I think some pools have a rule about that but I'm not sure.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011