Are there any situations where you would prefer your husband to go alone without you?

I can't stand his best friends family. So when it is time to visit them I prefer for him to go alone.

All of this is part of the past now. Currently I get along with the whole family. But I was wondering if this is common for couples. I have seen couples that will do EVERY SINGLE THING together. I don't know????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Anything dealing with his family, I would want him to go alone. I don't like being around his family and I am not totally comfortable with him taking the kids with him. Also, I sometimes send him with a list of errands that I don't want to do, and bribe him to do them instead of me, LOL.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• The only time I'd send him on without me is if I knew there was an imminent zombie attack. I'm not keen on being gnawed by the undead and as much as I love him, I love life just a teensy bit more.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 2:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• His mother is very nasty towards me she has called me all sorts of names, loves calling the cops and is just flat out disrespectful. We supported her for 2 years giving her somewhere to live and after she left I told him she was no longer welcome at our house he could go visit her but she could not come back over there. I let her live with us and put up with her rants for 2 years which the average woman would not do, I cut ties with her when we changed the locks. So far he hasn't been to see her because she cursed him out when she left (go figure) but that is the agreement we have, I don't like all of the cursing and violence around my child, no exceptions.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 2:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• yes, when he hangs with a friend that seems like trouble
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yep, I have sent hubs alone to some of his family doings. The last time was Dec. 11- for his family's Christmas get-together. His sis picked out the day w/o consulting anyone and only gave 2wk notice. Well I already had tickets to the Ballet for that day and I was not about to give that up and have to put up with his drunken bitch sister. So he did his thing, I did mine and we were both happy!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Any time he is going to his mother's house I would prefer not to go. He hangs out with his best friend and I don't usually go along since it's a guys kinda thing.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'd like to send him to his parents place by himself, bu he has to always drag me along. I am not very fond of his drunk dad and crazy mom.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 5:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Men's Room.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011